Here’s what you need to know if you are going to be interviewed:
- The podcast has a mission to demonstrate that mental health going through rough and smooth is normal. There are plenty of people just like you. People who find some things more stressful than others. We all have our own ways of recognising this and dealing with it. Mostly. Sometimes it can be overwhelming, and sometimes it can lead to mental ill-health. This podcast will reach out and demonstrate that there are ways forward, no matter how bleak things can seem at times. And encourage to seek the support of others.
- The show is starting out every two weeks, aiming to move to weekly as soon as there are enough recordings in the bag to allow for delays and cancellations.
- The show will be 20-30 minutes long normally.
- Recording will take 45-60 minutes – and then be edited to length without changing any significant details.
- We can record record face-to-face (preferably) or remotely.
- We have a mic and mixer connected to a laptop which will work with Skype, Zoom or when we meet.
- You will not be asked to reveal anything you don’t want to.
- And if you do, then you can ask to have it edited out after the recording (but not after broadcast).
- Please provide a bio that will be used in the introduction – a paragraph or two is fine. Some research will be done just to get a sense of your history – nothing detailed (think LinkedIn level).
- Questions will seek to understand what you have done, where the challenges were, how you recognised this and how you dealt with it. The aim is to show others that what they think is their problem alone is actually shared with others.
- The standard format is a show intro, an intro to the guest, the interview, a conclusion, and recommendation to seek help if a listener needs it including contact numbers and web sites.
- If there are things you would specifically like to get out, please let us know in advance.
- If there are things you would like to avoid, please let us know in advance.
- We aim to broadcast (and publish a transcript) 2-4 weeks after recording wherever possible.
If you have any questions at all, please contact Stuart Hillston on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to be a guest, send an email to the same address.